The Resident/Fellow Experience at ISET
Will you be a resident or fellow in January 2019? Do you want to participate in the finest endovascular symposium of the year at no cost? Then secure the opportunity to do so now!
ISET welcomes fellows in training and residents for an opportunity to participate in the Resident/Fellow Activity Scholarship, which provides tuition reimbursement for attendance at the 2019 ISET meeting and a stipend of $350 to be used toward travel expenses.
Resident/Fellow–Focused Education & Events
Residents/Fellows participate in dedicated educational sessions, including roundtable question and answer discussions with expert faculty, and receive an insider’s tour of the Exhibit Hall. The Poster Session & Awards Reception showcases the next generation of endovascular leaders as well as exciting new research.
Residents/Fellows Roundtable Lunch Sessions
Join the discussion and have your questions answered during interactive roundtable discussions. These sessions provide dedicated time for residents/fellows to ask questions and for a panel of physicians to share their experiences and learnings. Topics discussed may include tips on interviewing, competition and practice building, strategies for working in an academic setting, choosing an established practice or a non-traditional IR practice, and much more.
Insider’s Tour of the ISET Exhibit Hall
An ISET faculty member will guide residents/fellows on a personalized tour of the ISET Exhibit Hall. Important and emerging technologies will be demonstrated and discussed.
Poster Session & Awards Reception
The Poster Session & Awards Reception showcases the next generation of endovascular leaders as well as exciting new research. Join all attendees for the announcement of Best Poster and Young Investigator awards in the Exhibit Hall while enjoying complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, January 27
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Endovascular Therapy: The Essentials
Monday, January 28
12:45 PM - 2:00 PM
Educational Lunch Session: Rapid Rundown: Common Emergencies and How to Manage Them
4:20 PM - 6:00 PM (Please arrive by 4:10 PM)
Insider's Tour of the Exhibit Hall
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Poster Session & Awards Reception
Tuesday, January 29
12:45 PM - 2:00 PM
Educational Lunch Session: Career Roundtable Discussion
2:40 PM - 4:10 PM
Resident/ Fellow Session: Live Cases Behind the Scenes
6:00 PM - 7:45 PM
Residents and Fellows Dinner Session (Non-Accredited)
Presented by Boston Scientific Corporation
Complimentary Dinner; Seating is Limited
*The above events are required for all scholarship recipients unless otherwise specified and are subject to change.
In order to be considered for a scholarship, you will be required to:
- Complete the application via the online portal: Click Here
- The application includes submission of a signed letter (on letterhead) from your fellowship or residency program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in January 2019.
If accepted as a scholarship recipient, you will be required to:
- Attend events designated as required for scholarship recipients. These events are outlined on this webpage and will be communicated to you upon notification of scholarship acceptance. Your travel stipend will be distributed at one of these required events.
- Complete a brief post-activity survey.
Note: Feedback provided by residents/fellows may be chosen for inclusion in a post-activity report designed to enhance the value of ISET.
Scholarship Awardees will receive:
- Complimentary tuition for the complete ISET 2019 program taking place Sunday through Wednesday.
- Travel stipend of $350 to be used toward travel expenses incurred to attend ISET.
- Access the Residents/Fellows Submission Portal online: Click Here
- Complete and submit the requested information and upload a signed letter (on letterhead) from your fellowship or residency program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in January 2019.
- You will receive immediate confirmation of your submission via email.
- You will then receive notification of your scholarship status via email approximately 30 days after your submission.
- Once approved for a scholarship, a special registration code with which you can register for ISET at no charge will be provided via email.
Applications will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled. A waitlist will also be started. Please see below for approximate notification timelines.
- August 24: Application Portal opens.
- August 24–October 19: Applicants are notified of acceptance on a rolling basis. Waitlisted applicants will also be notified.
- October 19 (Registration Deadline): If you have been accepted for a scholarship and have not registered for ISET by October 19, your scholarship will be forfeited and offered to someone on the waitlist.
- November 30 (Registration Cancellation Deadline): Cancellation requests must be received no later than November 30, 2018. Please email your cancellation request to Caitlin Eastman at email@example.com.
The activity honorarium for residents and fellows is subsidized by educational grants from Industry. More information to follow on supporting organizations.
Please contact Caitlin Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 632-1701.