The Resident/Fellow Experience at ISET
Will you be a resident or fellow in February 2018? Do you want to participate in the finest endovascular symposium of the year at no cost? Then secure the opportunity to do so now!
ISET welcomes fellows in training and residents for an opportunity to participate in the Resident/Fellow Activity Scholarship which includes tuition reimbursement for attendance to the 2018 ISET meeting and a stipend of $350 to be used toward travel expenses.
Resident/Fellow–Focused Education & Events
Residents/Fellows participate in dedicated educational sessions including roundtable question and answer discussions with expert faculty and receive an insider’s tour of the Exhibit Hall. The Poster Session & Awards Reception showcases the next generation of endovascular leaders as well as exciting new research.
Saturday, February 3
8:00 am – 5:15 pm
Focused Symposium: Fundamentals of Endovascular Therapy
Residents/Fellows are invited to join leading experts for an in-depth look at the most current information on the diagnosis and management of venous and arterial diseases including 2 hours of complex case-based discussions and a live vascular physical exam.
Monday, February 5 – Wednesday, February 7
Residents/Fellows’ Roundtable Lunch Sessions
Join the discussion and have your questions answered during interactive roundtable discussions. These sessions provide dedicated time for Residents/Fellows to ask questions and for a panel of physicians to share their experiences and learnings. There will be a total of 3 of these sessions held, one during lunch on each day of the ISET Main Program. Topics discussed may include: tips on interviewing, competition and practice building, strategies for working in an academic setting, choosing an established practice or a non-traditional IR practice and many more.
Tuesday, February 6
Insider’s Tour of the ISET Exhibit Hall
An ISET faculty member will guide Residents/Fellows on a personalized tour of the ISET Exhibit Hall. Important and emerging technologies will be demonstrated and discussed.
Tuesday, February 6
5:45 pm – 7:15 pm
Poster Session & Awards Reception
The Poster Session & Awards Reception showcases the next generation of endovascular leaders as well as exciting new research. Join all attendees for the announcement of Best Poster and Young Investigator awards in the Exhibit Hall while enjoying complimentary hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.
In order to participate in the ISET Resident/Fellow Experience you will be required to:
- Submit a signed letter (on letterhead) from your fellowship or residency program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in February 2018
- Audit at least three lectures of the ISET activity
- Complete a brief survey post-activity
Note: Feedback provided by residents/fellows may be chosen for inclusion in a post-activity report designed to enhance the value of ISET.
Scholarship Awardees will receive:
- Complimentary tuition for ISET 2018. (Choose to attend either the Complete Program from Saturday, February 3 through Wednesday, February 7, or Focused Symposia on Saturday, February 3 and Sunday, February 4 only.)
- Travel stipend of $350 to be used toward travel expenses incurred to attend ISET.
- Access the Residents/Fellows submission portal online: ISET Residents/Fellows Application
- Complete and submit the requested information including the upload of a signed letter (on letterhead) from your fellowship or residency program director confirming your status as a current resident or fellow in February 2018.
- You will receive confirmation of your submission via email immediately
- You will then receive notification of your scholarship status via email
- Once approved to participate, a special registration code with which you can register for ISET at no charge will be provided via email.
Applications will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled. A waitlist will also be started. Please see below for approximate notification timelines.
- June 23: Application Portal opens
- June 23 - September 30: Applicants notified of acceptance on a rolling basis. Waitlisted applicants will be notified as well.
- October 3 (Registration Deadline): If you have been accepted for a scholarship and have not registered by October 3, your scholarship will be forfeited.
- December 1 (Registration Cancellation Deadline): Cancellation requests must be received no later than December 1, 2017. Please email your cancellation request to Stephanie Weiss at email@example.com.
The activity honorarium for residents and fellows is subsidized by educational grants from Industry. More information to follow on supporting organizations.
Please contact Stephanie Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org at (609) 630-6209.